This monastery began with its construction in 1702 to replace the old and small convent of San Pedro de La Ñora. Currently, it houses the premises of the San Antonio Catholic University of Murcia.
The work was carried out by the architect and monk Antonio de San Jose, who made it possible to see the city and its garden from the monastery. The church and the convent, which belong to the monastery, have a simple brick facade and two showy towers that can be seen in the distance with their distinguished glazed tile domes.
The interior style is clearly baroque and has a much higher level of decoration, which contrasts with its exterior simplicity.
What to see in Murcia
Museums in Murcia