The current headquarters building of the Jumilla City Council was built between 1580 and 1583 to serve as a hospital under the name of Santi Spitiritu. It performed an important service in the war of independence, during which the population was devastated by a typhus epidemic.
In the mid-19th century, the current Town Hall was installed in the building. The building has undergone several renovations throughout its history, including one in 1984, when the magnificent wrought-iron balcony of its main facade was added.
What to see in Jumilla
Museums in Jumilla