Built at the beginning of the 20th century on the grounds of the old English Garden, this theatre is a worthy example of the civil architecture that we currently find in the municipality.
Though its construction was not completed at the time, the theatre was premiered by actress Estrella Gil, in 1916, during the San Miguel Festival.
For a time, the building was named after her.
For years, it was the scene of multiple cultural representations and social actions. It was later closed until, after a long period of collaboration between various institutions, it was inaugurated again on March 21, 1987. It consists of a rectangular plant and is covered with four waters, with tile of Alicante plant and an aesthetic of modernist finishes.
It is currently the scene of multiple theatrical performances, film screenings, and cultural performances, which include the Holy Week festivities.