Paso Azul Museum (Lorca - Murcia)

Paso Azul Museum (Lorca)

The museum, also known as the Paso Azul Embroidery Museum, is based in the old Saint Francis Convent, which was built during the 16th and 17th centuries.

Among the different pieces exhibited in the museum, one of the most outstanding is the black cloak of the Our Lady of Sorrows, created in 1856. Also of note are the banners produced during the first decades of the 20th century.

It is also possible to know the largest collection of artistic embroidery from Lorca, which has been presented as a candidate for Intangible Heritage of Humanity.

From the museum, it is possible to enter the Saint Francis Church, a National Historic Monument and canonical headquarters of the Brotherhood, where the processional images of Paso Azul can be found.

  Museums in Lorca

Civil Architecture in Lorca

Religious Architecture in Lorca