This house was built during the second half of the 16th century at the rear of the Council and was renovated in 1854. On its facade is an image of the Virgin of Monserrat, as well as the family coats of arms of the Alburquerque family.
The Albuquerque family was related to the kings of Portugal and arrived in Spain in the 15th century.
The building has been restored and is currently the headquarters of the Municipal Archive, which is intended for the study and custody of a multitude of historical documents of the city of Lorca, from the 13th century to the present.
Civil Architecture in Lorca
Religious Architecture in Lorca
Museums in Lorca