It was built in 1561 by the Franciscan Order. Almost nothing has remained of the original architecture, as the temple underwent a major reform at the end of the 17th century.
When the convent was disentailed in 1838, the temple remained dependent on the Parish of Saint Matthew and the convent was dedicated to Charity Hospital, run by the Community of Sisters of Charity since 1859.
Religious Architecture in Lorca
Civil Architecture in Lorca
Museums in Lorca