In the Chapel of the Rosary, the victory in the Battle of Lepanto of the Christian army against the Turks was commemorated in 1571. It was built to be the new headquarters of the confraternity of the Rosary, next to the Saint Dominic Convent.
Inside, we find the image of the Virgin of la Amargura, by the sculptor Sánchez Lozano, owner of the Paso Blanco. Also noteworthy is the Rococo-style Main Altarpiece, which was badly damaged during the Spanish Civil War, so that between 1992 and 1995 it was sculpted again in the image and likeness of the original.
The dome covering the chapel suffered serious damage during the 2011 earthquake, forcing major restoration work to be carried out. This work won the Regional Architecture Prize in April 2015.
Religious Architecture in Lorca
Civil Architecture in Lorca
Museums in Lorca