The old Convent of Saint Didacus is a Franciscan church and convent whose patronage was granted in 1695. The church is located in the San Diego neighbourhood, on the outskirts of the city of Lorca.
The church was ceded in 1687 to the Franciscan order until, in 1695, the Pérez de Meca Ponce de León family obtained the patronage of the church. This is why its coat of arms is found on the facade of the church.
After the confiscation of Mendizabal, the church was acquired by Eulogio Saavedra Pérez de Meca, who gave it to the Little Sisters of the Poor in 1864 to carry out their assistance activities.
Religious Architecture in Lorca
Civil Architecture in Lorca
Museums in Lorca