This lighthouse is located at the top of Escombreras Island, 65 meters above sea level.
Originally, it was thought of only as a signalling beacon during the plan of 1858. At that time, a red port light was placed in Escombreras to distinguish the island.
The original project of the lighthouse dates from 1861. Its light was turned on for the first time in 1864. In October 1936, it was turned off until the end of the Spanish Civil War.
The current Escombreras Island Lighthouse was built in 1971 and its white building is 8 meters high. It flashes a white light every five seconds and has a range of 17 nautical miles or 30.8 kilometres.
Cartagena and the sea
Museums in Cartagena
Squares & Parks