This defensive battery, also known as C-9, is located on the mountain of cenizas with which it shares its name. It served as artillery support.
This fortification was built between 1930 and 1934 in the Defence Plan project of 1926 during the Primo Rivera government. In turn, it was provided with Vickers cannons with a range of 35 km. In the Spanish Civil War, it was very useful for keeping the Francoist navy away from the naval base. Its service ended in 1994 with the arrival of the Plan del Norte for a better administration of the resources of the Navy.
Its location is 305 meters above sea level, which allows for an unparalleled panoramic view where one can see the Mar Menor and La Manga, Cabo de Palos, and the beaches of Calblanque. Regarding its entrance portal, it has a post-classic Mesoamerican style inspired by the Mayan city of Chichén Itzá.
Museums in Cartagena
Cartagena and the sea
Squares & Parks