The building of the Palace of the Captaincy was constructed in 1740 and forms a group of a large number of military buildings located in the same block next to “La Casa del Rey”. The project began in 1738 by the engineer Sebastián Ferigán.
This construction has a neoclassical facade design in three sections. The first one stands out thanks to its padding and the pilasters that were attached after renovations. Its facade underwent a reconstruction process in the 19th century and was later reformed in the 20th century.
Inside the palace, there are majestic decorations, among which the main floor and the imperial staircase stand out. It also has a beautiful garden with access to Real Street.
Museums in Cartagena
Cartagena and the sea
Squares & Parks