This church was built as an annex to the Convent of Saint Isidore from 1580, for the mendicant order of the Dominicans. In 1823, it was used as a stable for French troops at the time of the intervention of the One Hundred Thousand Sons of Saint Louis.
It underwent numerous renovations during its history. During the Spanish Civil War, it was damaged to such an extent that its use was disabled. The last of these parts took place in 1973.
The church is made of a rectangular nave with brick walls and two chapels next to it. Its original construction was in the Baroque style, though with the remodelling of the 20th century, it welcomed an eclectic style.
The most remarkable thing about this temple is the “marraja” chapel, which was built in 1690 and reformed during the 18th century. It is made with a square plan and a dome on pendentives abundant in decoration with mouldings and stuccoes in different shades of white.
Museums in Cartagena
Cartagena and the sea
Squares & Parks