This beautiful monument is located in Isaac Peral Square.
It is a locomotive originally from Glasgow (Scotland) and brought by boat to Aguilas. It was in operation from April 1, 1890 to November 15, 1967, and was part of the railway line, built by the English, that linked Aguilas with Lorca and the interior of Almeria.
It is a tribute from the people of Aguilas to the railway, in recognition of the economic development that it brought to the entire region. This monument was inaugurated in 1970.
What to see in Aguilas